This 1949 Cadillac has an awesomely shiny $382.95 paint job. That is, it’s been covered in exactly 38, 295 pennies. Affectionately called “Penny,” she was customized by and belongs to the Thompson family. The pennies were affixed to car one at a time using silicone glue over a 6 week period during the summer of 1999. Altogether they add over 200 lbs to the vehicle’s weight. All but four of the pennies were attached head side up. They’re all American pennies and include one 1817 Large Cent coin, 2 error pennies and 4 1943 steel pennies.
We love that the Thompsons display their Penny Caddy with a sign that reads “Please Touch the Car!” We’d certainly want to.
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
- Perspectives Tutorial by DerSketchie
- TUTO - male reference pose by the-evil-legacy
- tuto - women ref poses by the-evil-legacy
- Foreshortening Practice by Bambs79
- How to Draw Manga vol. IV - Dressing You Characters in Casual Wear
- HUMAN PROPORTION: SIMPLIFYING THE FIGURE USING GEOMETRIC FORM AND GESTURE by The Helpful Art Teacher
- Basic comic interpretation - different camera angle by diaemyung
- Foreshortening tips by scruffyronin
Sometimes CAH hits too close to home.